Sunday, February 05, 2006

Where have i been? Guys, i've been birthing a book!!

Yes, it's taken forever and a few minutes, but the whole shebang (cover art, the guts--manuscript--, and our money) is at the printer's. We're only like 6 months behind deadline, that's all. The book, oh yeah, you don't know the title, is NORTH TEXAS NERUDA LOVE. It's an anthology of essays, testimonies, poems--all original work, ya'll--by Metroplex writers. This book is gonna be great, I mean, it is great, but once you see it I hope you'll be as excited as I am about it. Anyway, that's why I have been so (mostly) underground for the past three months or so. I've deprioritized my own work, performing, mopping my floors, painting the house, etc. Now that the thing is outta my hands--it's at the printer's and he says maybe the book'll be bound and boxed by Friday, Feb.10th--I feel like I finally have my life back. So what do I do? I go to the bookstore and buy an industry mag on print design...i guess i'm jonesing for my next publishing project.

Well, the Jan-Feb 06 issue of PRINT magazine is actually pretty cool and its cover story is on the re-emergence of photography--as both an art form and career--in Afghanistan since the "fall" of the Taliban in 2001.

I hope that you'll be reading more from me, more often this year. We shall see....

No comments: