Sunday, May 06, 2007

Poem #126 of 365

This poem is 2 coats of paint on the outside of this house.
This poem is a scrumptious lunch with the veggies in the crisper.
This poem is 5 letters, 74 emails, and 2 bulletins to post.
This poem is several overdue lunches with close friends I miss.
This poem is a visit to my daddy's grave.
This poem is a trip to AutoZone for yet another thing my car needs.
This poem is a stack of unopened gift cds that I want to hear.
This poem is a pile of films that Ramsey has lent me, don't know when I'll watch them.
This poem is the lapse in attention to my other blog.
This poem is the jewelry I neglect to polish with the silver cleaner I bought last year.
This poem is the unweeded rainforest in my backyard.
This poem is the unkept solemn promise to exercise outside.
This poem is the half-read pile of books next to my bed.
This poem is the laundry basket heaping in the corner.
This poem is the sleep I deny myself.
This poem is the poem I write instead of doing anything
else.


copyright 2007 tammy melody gomez

No comments: