Friday, November 14, 2008

Deathlist Mag's usual suspects send up Beat poetry @ party this Sunday in Dallas

[I absolutely trust the DEATHLIST mag crew to always serve up something irreverent, sometimes distasteful, usually snarky, and NEVER dull! Joey Cloudy makes me snicker. If I can get there, I'm wearing something Beat-y.]

Beat Generation!

Host: Deathlist Mag
Location: Paperbacks Plus, 6115 La Vista Dr, Dallas, TX 75214
When: Sunday, November 16, 7:00PM
Phone: 214 827 4860

"I hope it is true that a man can die and yet not only live in others but give them life, and not only life, but that great consciousness of life." -Jack Kerouac

Free * Wild * Anticipated * Turtleneck-y * Wine-like * Non-rhymed * Pub(l)ic


Local Writers read their favorites of the Beat Generation

Readings by...Joey Cloudy, Opalina, Carlos, Johnny O, Gayle Bell, Mike Clay, and many more.

Music by Swirve (yay, Chris & Tamitha Curiel)!

No comments: