Sunday, February 18, 2007

Poem #49 of 365

my beautiful nights are made
of the sublime moments,
the sound moments,
when the trumpet flows through the crowd
and the air is dense with banjo.
i sing my smile to harmonize,
the hep accordion is on the rise,
and curtis he is focused plink,
plain and plink.

oh my listening soul
the ears of me so riled
and so in love
with this tone
and this tune
with this tone
in this town

and gig of songs
in the
town of sound
makes me play the keys
play the keys play the keys
the a-b-c's
with an itch to tell
to type and tell
how i fell in love
with the tone
and the tune
in this town
just now so soon

how it pleased
the little lobes when they
were drowned in the
key of rogues
sound
of song
in a bar
a sound resound
the trumpet blow
and guitar on go

begin
and end my beautiful night
with your special way
your special way
your special way
your special way
your wispy beard the air in your beard
the space within your beard
i see it
the back wall in your beard


[after a spectacular night of Theater Fire @ the Chat Room Pub]


copyright 2007 tammy melody gomez

No comments: