Thursday, July 12, 2007

Poem #193 of 365

You snapped a picture
of your pup with an
imaginery camera
between your thumbs,

and I imagine the boxes
that could fill a store
if all the fascinating childplay
games you have

thought up in five decades
of life could be packaged
and shelved in a vivid
shop that would probably

have to be named something
like Moms R Fun
or She's a Child For Life.

I would have a membership
discount to that store, and
I'd browse continually to see
what has been added to the
inventory. My laughter would
echo against the walls and
ceiling, and my imagination
would brim with joy.

So, keep snapping make-believe
pictures and drawing smiley
faces on the piles of wood
in the neighbors' yard,
and dressing your dolls in our
baby clothes. I love the kid
you remain to be and I know
my mom will always let me go
over to play at your house.



copyright 2007 tammy melody gomez

No comments: